How to view your tax info anytime
Posted on October 5, 2022
How you can view your tax info anytime
Want to check 2021 taxable income against this year’s? Or make sure you know which children to claim this year, if you share custody with an ex?
Taxpayers who want to check their account information can log into their IRS online account any time. It’s a simple and secure way to get information fast.
Here’s what info you can check:
- Tax owed payoff amount, updated daily
• Tax balance for each tax year for which you owe taxes
• Tax payment history
• Key information from most current tax return as originally filed
• Digital copies of select IRS notices
• Economic Impact Payments, if received
You can also:
- Update your home address
- Select an electronic payment option
- Set up an on-line payment agreement
- Access tax records and transcripts
- Approve and electronically sign a Power of Attorney and Tax Information Authorization request from your tax pro
Your tax balance will update no more than once every 24 hours, usually overnight. However, you should allow 1 to 3 weeks for payments to show up in your payment history.
Who knew getting information and records from the IRS could be so easy? Now it is!
That said, if you have a question that can’t be answered through your IRS online account, the CPAs at Teipen CPA Group would be happy to help. Just give us a call.